Friday, April 12, 2013

THE SONG OF RAIN



Rain o rain
Where from do you fall
Signing and dancing all the way
Where to do you call
Have you no home
O why do you fall at all ??
Rain replied rosily
Ask me not
Ask the rain bird
Ask the parched plains
Ask the fields of rice & grain
Waiting merrily for me
Ask the kids playing down the lane !
Who I am
And where from I fall??
O I’m the life’s blood
And I run through  the vast veins
of the universe...!!!
Everywhere I am
Whispering a song
I am the ocean deep
I am the muddy pond
I’m the waves
That on the seas chest sweep
But I stay nowhere for long
I drag on
I run along
And I sublimate my form
Sometimes I dwell as nectar
In the heart of flowers…
Sometimes I becomes a dew drops…
On the cheek of a lotus leaf…
At times, I dwell in a shell
And give birth to a precious pearl
At times, I travel up the trees
And become the forest green.
Sometimes invisible unseen
I’m a ubiquitous being
But I’m called rain
When laughing, singing, dancing
I fall down
upon the parched lands & desert sands
by the touch of divine hands…!
When innocent kids feel me
on their checks
and down their back
and yelling they cry, “Rain O Rain..!!
Its then I rejoice being
Called ‘The Rain’ !!

No comments:

Post a Comment