Friday, April 12, 2013

SONG OF a WILD FLOWER




Full Blossomed
Fragrant
Floating on the flanks
of a pond,
a wild flower
stared at the serene sky
each day, each night
Each hour.
One day
Dawn Delivered nectar
To the cup of the flower.
Intoxicated it held up its
Gift to the sky-
“O sky serene ! Come & drink
Out of my heart !”
Sky stood serenely silent
And smiled.
Day dragged on…
The breeze brought about
the wild flower…
The rich fragrance of the
flower’s own heart…
Once more the wild flower
Opened its arms…
And looked at the serene sky-
“O sky dear ! Come & feel
my fresh fragrance…
Why do u stare from afar…?
The sky, serene as ever
Stayed  silent yet again
The twilight hours
Came with the stars…
The wild flower felt an ache
in its heart
The nectar vanished
The fragrance had flown away
The petals drooped..
The wild flower could
No longer stare upwards…
But suddenly the flower found
Itself embracing the sky…
… starlit, serene, smiling.
Drooping almost Dead.
The wild flower kissed the sky
& said-
‘O sky serene ! Thanks
For coming down
To my little town
But tell me why you never came
For my nectar
For my fragrance..
Why U came when I’m empty
And drooping in shame…
The wild flower embraced
the sky yet again
& slept peacefully night long!
The sky serene stared
From above…
And smiled at the flower
and the pond…
…reflecting…
’the embrace’……!!

No comments:

Post a Comment