Monday, January 24, 2011

PREGNANT PAINS


PREGNANT PAINS

I am a woman
On the threshold of motherhood
Oh! How soon I have blossomed
From an innocent girl
To a pregnant mother…

And how strange
The sudden change
That’s coming on its own
From deep inside my soul
Giving me the sweet pain
Of expectation
Engulfed by an aura
 of mystery unexplained..!!

The first half of my journey
To motherhood
Brings out my eccentricities
Changing my tastes, my moods
Sometimes giving me the blues
Of nausea and vomiting too…

Midway  I find the joy
Of feeling my baby sway
Gently in my belly as if asking-
“oh!how long the stay???”
searching answers
seeking release
finding none anyway..!!!

Last days of my pregnant  journey
See me completely transformed..
The disappearance of
My slender waist..
Into a bulging belly
Changing my  graceful gait
As I bow down to
The growing weight……..!!!!

The end of the pregnancy
Begins  with the labour pains.
As the intensity ascends
Down my baby descends
Seeking a way out of the bends!!!



I push harder
But soon feel out of strength
And I ask my god
If this  is my end????

Suddenly I feel
The pressure waning out
And I feel like crying aloud
In an ecstasy   felt never before
The ecstasy of seeing before my eyes
The tender flower of my love
Full and ripe
Bringing sunshine
Like a blessing divine…….!!!!!!


Harkiran





No comments:

Post a Comment