Monday, January 24, 2011

INSIDE THE WOMB


INSIDE THE WOMB

Through my journey
In the vastness of eternity..
At last I am trapped…
..Inside the womb…
To honor a woman with maternity!!

How a tiny egg..
Becomes full fledged
For the life outside ahead
Is a miracle
Better experienced than said!!

When I begin my journey inside,
It’s a rough rugged passage.
Groping through its darkness
I keep on moving
Multiplying all the while
Till I can find a smooth site
for implanting myself….
Becoming a parasite
On my mother’s diet..!!

Soon I find to my surprise
Small limbs sprout
Out of my sides
Ticking with time
My heart too shouts
With a joy that
Living is  all about..!

Soon I can listen
to my mother’s sweet talk..
her sighs when I kick her belly
her worry when I don’t…!



For nine months I swim
In the gentle pond
Of my mother’s womb..
..so dark,serene and secure!!!

The journey inside has to end
Giving my mother
The pain that seems endless..
as I force  myself out
of the narrow passage
that widens to welcome
my departure….!!!

As my mother gives me
the final push,
Out I rush..
Preferring my head first.

Out at last
Someone cuts me off
From my roots
That nourished me
And suddenly I cry…
Not out of remorse
Not out of joy
I cry to make
My mother smile…!!!!!!



Harkiran

No comments:

Post a Comment